Thursday, April 3, 2008

Trip to Seattle - The Ride Home

We are all in the car and on our way home. When we get out of the hustle and bustle of the city I pulled out my mp3 player with the intent of listening to the last part of the surrender module. Dad asks me what I was going to listen to and I tell him some Higher Balance stuff. He asks if there was a way to play it so he could listen. I was a little surprised since I had tried to get him interested in Higher Balance before without much luck. I had sat down with him and listen to the foundation set before. It sparked a little bit of conversation but that was about it. I had happened to bring the FM transmitter that I use in my wife’s car. I get it all hooked up and try and decide what to play for him. I think back to the cores and I have The Ties that Bind on my player. My mom is asleep in the back seat so we move all the sound to the front speakers so it doesn’t wake her up. Mom woke up while we were listen to it and asked to turn it up so she could hear it better. With a smile I move the sound back to all the speakers so she could hear it as well. While she has always been open to the idea of energy, healing, and other thing of the nature. She has never showed any interest in learning more about. The module ends and leads into a discussion on the material between dad and me. Soon it is my turn to drive. We switch and get going. Dad asks what next? Art of Healing is right up his alley so I play it. This one doesn’t lead to much discussion afterwards which surprised me. He has focused much of his learning on healing but I could tell that the information really had the old wheels turning in his head. We stopped and gassed up in Spokane. Dad ran inside while mom and I waited in the car. She tapped me on the shoulder and asked if this is what I have been studying. I told her yes and she gave me thumbs up and smiled. Back on the highway my dad asks if I have anything else to listen to. I told him that I had some music to listen to as well. He said that he meant anything else from Higher Balance. I thought to myself that he is a glutton for punishment. I had been talking about some of the High Guard stuff with me the day before so that was next. That got us most of the way home. We didn’t actually finish High Guard. He asked me to turn it off because thinking about all of it was tiring him out. I kind of laughed and turned it off. He wanted to know what was so funny. I just told him that I though listening to the first two would have worn him out and that I was surprised that he made as far into High Guard as he did. He did admit that thinking about all this had been wearing him down. I explained to him that he might have a headache tomorrow. He questioned and I explained a psychic hangover to him. I was right, when I saw him the next day he told me he felt like he had been out drinking all night.

One last story I want to tell about the ride home. We had to stop at this little tourist trap called the $10,000 Silver Dollar Bar so mom could use the restroom. She still needed a little help getting around so we all went in. When she got done I we were standing out in the hallway waiting for dad when she just turned around and started walking into the restaurant and sat down in a booth. I figure she just needed to sit down so I joined her. When dad got out of the bathroom she waved him over and made him sit down. She then told us to eat. We told her we where fine and that we could wait until we got home. She wouldn’t budge and demanded that we sit down and eat. I couldn’t believe that a person in her condition wouldn’t get back into the car because she had decided that we needed to eat. Even in bad health she is thinking about the needs of other people.


Trip to Seattle - Conclusion

No comments: