Thursday, April 3, 2008

Trip to Seattle - Finding Directions

Back from the hotel sitting in my mom’s room watching TV and talking to each. It takes a lot of effort for my mom to speak at this point so she doesn’t say much. After a while she decides to speak up. What does she say? “Go eat!” I tell her that I am fine and I get the same response and a stern look. So my dad starts to explain where a go place to grab something to eat to me. She then looks over at him and say “You too!” Here we have a woman who has been in the hospital for two weeks, can barely talk but still feels the need to makes sure we are taking care of ourselves. So after further demanding on her part we take off, again on foot. My dad tells me that there is a good place a couple of blocks away. Well we end up lost in a sense. I really didn’t mind I have having amazing time scanning and feeling out the new frequencies and energies. Once I found out that we were basically walking in circles I decided it was time to ask someone. Now people in walking down the street in Seattle act a little different then I am use to in Helena. When you walk past someone on the street here you usually get a nod, smile, friendly hello maybe even a small wave. This is not something that I have ever thought twice about but once the situation changed it felt weird. People look right past you like you aren’t even there or even noticeably avoid eye contact. There was even one guy that crossed the road in the middle of the block just to avoid walking past the two of us. I realize to get someone’s attention to ask for directions to going to take some work. Or so I thought. We turn a corner and coming up the sidewalk is a lady my age. She’s African and has long dreads with white cowrie shells in them. She seemed approachable so I gave her a friendly wave and greeted her from a distance. She was very receiving and pointed us in the right direction. Towards a main drag area with lots of active. We part ways and as we are walking away my dad comments that he can’t believe that. I asked what he couldn’t believe. He said he couldn’t believe that that girl would stop and talked to two guys on the street at night and give them directions. I thought about it more as we were walking. Then it struck me. That was twice in the same day that I was able to attract someone willing to help me out when I needed it.


Trip to Seattle - Dinner and The Bar

No comments: