Thursday, April 3, 2008

Trip to Seattle - Getting Going

As I start to prepare for my flight to Seattle I start to get a nervous feeling gnawing at my stomach. I don’t know why this is happening. I am not nervous about flying. I have my trip from the airport to the hospital planned out. The only thing that I can come up with is that I am nervous to see my parents, especially my mother who has just gone through an extensive surgery on her neck and throat. Once my bags are packed I took a moment to sit down in my meditation spot and just clear my head and relax. As I sat there with my eyes closed there was a sudden change in my emotion. I went from feeling nervous and anxious to a calm loving feeling. It struck me as different because it didn’t feel like it came internally from me but more like something came over and gave me a big hug. The types of hug you got from your mother or grandmother when you were a small kid. It completely surrounded me. Soon my wife arrived home. Her employer was kind enough to get her a few hours off in the middle of the day so she could take me to the airport.

Trip to Seattle - Airports and Planes

No comments: