Thursday, April 3, 2008

Trip to Seattle - Airports and Planes

At the airport I got through security with incident for a change. I would say I get randomly selected and personally checked almost every time I fly. I can remember one other time it hasn’t happened to me. This time I thought I would try and go into stealth mode. As I was waiting in line I focused on pulling all of my energy in. It felt like I was trying to hold my breath and plugging my ears. I say plugging my ears because everything seemed quieter while I was doing this. I think it did the trick because the security personal barely even gave me a single look let alone a second. One other thing of note, while I was standing in line there was a guy four or five people ahead of me that seemed to grab my attention. There wasn’t anything in particular about him that made him stand out. He ended up getting pulled aside for a random security check….strange.

While I was waiting for my plane I notice that there is a Buddhist monk sitting across the terminal from me. Not something that you normally see in Helena, MT. I scanned him and found that his energy was very calm, balanced and even slightly feminine. I also got the feeling that he was from Montana as well. I tried to make my presence know by expanding it across the room. I even gave him an energetic “Hi!” But if he was aware of me he wasn’t letting on. It was an interesting experience. After he got on his plane thought to myself that this could be an interesting trip and made it a point that I was going to try and stay aware as much as humanly possible throughout journey.

The plane ride went by in the flash with my trusty Zen MP3 player loaded to the gills with Higher Balance material. I listened to Power of Surrender. The ride wasn’t long enough to cover the whole module but I got a good chunk covered. As we came in for our landing I started to think about everything I had to do to get to the hospital. A small bit of panic set in. I have never been to this airport before; I don’t know where the baggage claim is. I don’t know how to get to the bus that I am suppose to take. What if the baggage is late getting to the claim and I miss my bus? What if they lost my luggage? Then I remember Baard’s blog of his recent trip and how he used time stepping to guide and calm himself. Good idea, too bad I don’t really know what I am doing. “It doesn’t hurt to try.” I tell myself. I make the discussion then and there that I am going to send back all the information that I need back to myself once I reach the hospital. A cool sense of calm came over me.

Getting off the plane I soon realize that just like every airport I have ever been. There are signs everywhere, just follow the signs stupid. Standing around the baggage claim I talk to a few people who were wondering about the college I went to, I was wearing an old sweatshirt, and what was wrong with my knee. I had stiffened up a bit on the plane and I was walking with a little limp. Damn, I thought I was covering it up well. Anyway my bags arrived shortly. I had only one. I would have carried on but they would have nabbed my contact solution. I grab my bag and sling my briefcase over my shoulder and try and figure out where to catch the bus. I found a directory that told me that public transportation stop was at door two. Where am I? The furthest baggage claim there is from door two. “Figures”, I tell myself as I start my hike across SeaTac. As I am walking I pass by a few news / concession stands at each one I am tempted to stop and get something to drink. “No, I don’t need anything else to carry,” I tell myself. I finally get to the bus stop and try and figure out what I am doing.


Trip to Seattle - The Bus and My Guide


No comments: