Thursday, April 3, 2008

Trip to Seattle - Dinner and The Bar

We find the main street and there are a number of different restaurants, coffee shops, and bars. We keep walking down the street to find something that looks good. We come to a side street and that has a number of bright neon signs. One of them just says “Tacos” and has a number of people standing around it inside and out. It sounds good so we head that direction and head inside. As we are walking through the door my dad mentions that he smells a skunk. One of the guys out front turned around and gave him a funny look. I just laughed. Wondering what was so funny I told him that he didn’t smell a skunk but he did smell the weed that they were smoking. It was a pretty cool place to eat. They had good food and the place was decorated to the gills. They had stuff all over the walls and hanging from the ceiling. When we got done eating we headed back towards the hospital. As we were walking up the sidewalk I notice there was a little bar ahead of us. It had a wooden awning stain dark and painted dark green. There was a little folding chalkboard sign sitting on the sidewalk with the drink specials listed. Then the part that didn’t fit, hanging from the awning above the door was a shiny brushed metal sign with bright red characters, as in oriental writing character. It seemed really out of place to me. As we came up to it I looked inside the windows. Seemed like a normal slightly up scale bar with dim lighting. We got towards one of the last windows when I notice that the person sitting at the table there is starring at me. I give the place one last look over and notice that almost everyone in the place was looking at me. It really gave me the creeps and I got a cold chill down my back. After we were by it I decided I had had enough fun for the night. I pulled my energy in and but my hands in my pockets.


Trip to Seattle - The Hospital Room



No comments: