Thursday, April 3, 2008

Trip to Seattle - The Bus and My Guide

I walk over to what looks like a bus schedule and route map. It might as well have been in a foreign language. I knew the route numbers I was suppose to take but I couldn’t find anything on this map. Then this older Asian lady walks up to be asks if I need help in broken English. I’ll save you the broken English and paraphrase what she said. She asked me where I was going and she happened to be going the same direction so I could just follow her. Then she asks if I have change. Crap I don’t. She directs me to run inside and buy something so I will have change for the bus and to hurry it should be there soon. I do as she says kicking my present self for not listening to my future self about stopping and getting something to drink. I come out just as the bus is showing up. I follow her into the bus and pay the drive as instructed. She explained to me and the driver that I needed to pay for both buses at once. I honestly had no idea what she was talking about but everything worked out. The bus was pretty full so I let the lady sit while I stood next to her. I tried to have a conversation with her but she didn’t seem very interested so I stopped and watch the scenery fly by. When we got to the station that we needed to get off at she stood up and told me to follow her. We exited the bus and walked through the station and head outside and about a block up the street to the next bus stop. The route number matched the one I knew I was suppose to take so that made me feel better about following this lady around. We got on the next bus and took off. This bus stopped a lot more often. As I was standing again my knee was really taking a beating. We came to a stop and the lady stood up and told me that the next stop was mine. She told me to have a good evening and got off the bus. That was that. I got off at the next stop which was only 2 blocks away from the hospital. I hobbled up the street and through the hospital to find my mom’s room.

Trip to Seattle - The Hotel


No comments: