Friday, October 19, 2007

A Red Cell Day

Thursdays for the last seven weeks have meant taking Barley, my dog, to obedience class. It has been good for both of us but I am glad the next week is the last class. It was at 8:00 in the evening which is kind of late to start an hour long class. Especially for a seven month old puppy and normally poops out around that time of day.


I did some work on my aquariums I have a small 5.5 gallon in our office and a 75 gallon in the living room. They are both planted aquariums. That is I grow live plants in both. The 5.5 gallon is home to small freshwater shrimp called Red Cherry Shrimp and some snails. The harvest the snails out from time to time and feed them to my five Clown Loaches in the 75 gallon. Both tanks had become over grown and where in serve need of cleaning. After cleaning out the filter for the 75 gallon and getting it back together I realized that it won't seal entirely anymore. Not cool. These canister filter are not cheap. After looking at the two pet stores in town looks like I am ordering parts off the Internet to get it working again. Oh well what can you do. Here are a few pictures of the two aquariums after the clean up.

5.5 Gallon
75 Gallon
I also got the apple and cherry trees in the backyard trimmed up for the winter. This wasn't a small feat. This is our first fall in the house and the previous owners did not do any of the up keep to the landscaping. It has been a struggle since this beginning of the spring to get things back in a manageable order and state of begin. Sorry no picture of them yet. It got to dark before I finish to take any.

No comments: