Friday, January 9, 2009

Stratled Awake

Last night I had an intense dream that woke me up with a start. As I am writing this I can’t remember what the dream was about. Not that it really matters. What I want to share with you isn’t the dream but what happen when slash as I woke up.

The way I woke up was almost exactly like you see on TV or in a movie. When someone wakes up from a nightmare. Sitting straight up in bed awhile take a loud grasping breath in. This of course woke my wife up as well. I can remember maybe one other time in my life where I have woken up like this. But this was different from that time because I as was opening my eyes it was like a strobe light flashed once in our room. Both of us saw it! A little freaked out I collected myself and tried to investigate what cause the flash. I thought maybe a the power had surged and went out. I turned on my bedside lamp and could tell that the power was still working. we checked all the electronics in the room. All the lights were working, no flashing clocks, a power strip that had a couple of thing plugged into, including a humidifier, was still working and did not trip.

I started to check the rest of the house, nothing. Check the backyard where our window faces, nothing.

I was on nerve in two ways. One I hope that my house isn’t going to start on fire from an electrical short. I even grabbed a fire extinguisher and placed it by the bed. Two, who knows what else is going on. I tried doing some scanning and feeling around the room, house, and surrounding area. I couldn’t really feel much other then my own alertness and nerves. So I put up a pyramid around the whole house for good measure and tried to get some more sleep.

It was a very strange experience that had me freaked out the rest of the night.

As I am reliving the experience I am not sure wether I awoke from a startled dream or from the flash of light. Either way I still am trying to explain the flash.

No comments: