Friday, August 15, 2008

Assimilating Non-thought

The other night I was watching woman's gymnastic with my wife. It is amazing what the people can do. I noticed that when they were showing Nastia Liukin, of the US, between events that she had her eyes closed a lot of the time.

A few days before I was on a Star Reach call with Dan and we were talking about the navigators from the movie Dune. He told me that he used to assimilate them to try and understand and feel that state of mind that they would have to be in to accomplish what they were going to do.

That discussion popped into my head while I was watching her. So I gave it a try. I put myself in her shoes standing there waiting for her turn. I could feel her nervousness and quick thoughts. When her turn was approaching she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. I felt a very real sense of calm come over me and it became very quiet and I started to hear tones. I had felt this before she was in non-thought. I though it was pretty impressive how fast she flip the switch into non-thought.

Last night when I decided I was done working for evening and I found my wife watching more gymnastics. The same girl was preforming. I decided to sit down and give it another try. This time her feel was completely different. She was agitated and felt angry. When she closed her eyes there where brief moments that he approached non-thought but couldn't hold it or move completely into it. I asked my wife what was the matter with her. I guess she was getting some pretty low scores that people thought should be better, including herself.

That explained a lot. I was tried so I didn't finish watching and went to bed.

I thought it was pretty cool experience. It was the first time that I got such a strong signal and feeling in return from someone. Which is really strange since she was on TV. It was a live broadcast so I am sure that helped.

No comments: