Thursday, January 24, 2008

Wearing Down the Governor

Wearing Down the Governor There are a lot of simple things that can be done to wear down our governor’s. The governor is the part of the brain, part of our physiology that keeps us from having spiritual experiences. Just like when a mechanical governor is put in a car to keep it from going to fast. We can do little things through the day that help wear the governor. To give you examples I am going to share some of the things that I do.

  • I have a dog that spends a lot of time in the backyard. Before I open the door to call him inside I stand there, go into non thought, and try and locate where in the backyard he is. I have surprised myself how often I have gotten it right. Each time I do it is another chink in the governor armor.
  • I wrote earlier about when I was putting up Christmas lights this season and I used Time Stepping and trusted my navigator to find a burnt out bulb.
  • I also like to play a game called, “What is My Wife Thinking About?” We will be sitting down eating dinner or watching TV when I will try and pickup on what she is thinking at the moment. When I think I have it I will just bring up the subject “out of the blue” so to speak. If I am right I usually get a response similar to this, “How weird I was just thinking about that!”

As you wear down the governor you are going to find that things start to come easier and things will happen more often. The ocean didn’t turn rocks into sand with one wave.

No comments: